To summarize my last few months away from my blog:
– I took Mandarin 1 at UCLA. It felt pretty good to enroll in a proper Chinese class and tap into my Asian roots. I’m going to hold off from enrolling in quarter 2 and try some self-study. If done successfully, I’ll save about $600 and be able to converse with a 4 year-old Taiwanese child.
– I’m coming up on my 3 year mark at work. Time flies when you’re putting out fires in royalty accounting departments around the world.
– My theory that anyone (myself included) will buy anything for $1 was confirmed when I was introduced to Red Box. I live 1 block from a Red Box machine and nothing is more pleasant than picking up a $1 movie on the way home. P.S. – I really liked Up in the Air.
– I started parting my hair again. A tribute to Andrew Lai circa 2001.
– Can the Lakers stop sucking in time for the playoffs??? Can’t wait to watch the World Cup in HD! Arsenal, aagghhhhh. Yes, baseball’s back.
– I came in 2nd in my NCAA pool! I picked Kentucky to take the title.
– She & Him’s ‘Volume Two’ was pleasant. Broken Bell’s album was solid also.